A web design framework is software for designing websites and web applications. A web design framework offers a variety of components and templates to choose from. In this technological world, people are moving towards their online presence. Sometimes web developers also get confused while choosing the right web design framework for the website. This article will discuss the popular frameworks along with their key features for web designs to choose from.
Angular was launched in 2016 by Google as the front-end framework. It is one of the popular web frameworks. This framework is based on Typescript. It allows two-way data binding that allows the users to see the changes instantly made at the back end by the web developer. A large community trusts Angular due to its features and end-to-end development experience.
- You can easily add up the third-party integration.
- It is a popular web development framework.
- The website can execute many functions if Angular dependency injection is used.
- Angular provides an excellent loading speed.
- Learning Angular requires time and effort.
- There are several versions of Angular, which may create a dilemma for users in choosing between them.
Vue is a powerful framework used to develop web applications. It is based on the Model View- ViewModel architecture. It offers a few tools and elements for providing an easy user experience. It is very easy to understand and requires very little coding. Moreover, it also can integrate with other applications.
- Vue is not too heavy. It weighs only 29 KB.
- Due to its smaller size, the overall performance is too good.
- It is simple to use, and developers can easily understand its usage.
- Vue comes with detailed descriptions, making it easy for users to use.
- Vue allows you to design your structure as per your choice.
- Sometimes the simple nature of Vue can turn complex and create trouble for the developers.
- Vue is not a widely used web design framework. It is in its evolving stage.
- It is not easy to find a lot of tutorials for its working on the internet due to the small developer community.
React is handled by Facebook and is the most widely used framework. It is the front-end development software used to create interactive user interfaces. It helps in building interactive and dynamic web apps. React is also useful in building mobile applications. It is SEO friendly, easy to use, and flexible.
- It offers a parallel testing option to its users.
- React allows you to break down complex codes into parts and work on them.
- It makes the developer’s task easy by providing several handy tools.
- The community of React is smaller because it is new.
- React is in a continuous update process, making it harder for developers to stay in the loop.
- It only supports UI, so developers must choose another backend framework.
It is somewhat similar to React. It provides the same features and specifications as React but in a smaller size and fast speed. There are no performance issues in Preact due to its speed. It is also lightweight and can be easily used for dynamic web applications.
- It provides a rich user experience because it is a lightweight tool.
- Preact is so fun to use. It gives you an excellent experience to stay creative from the beginning with the availability of numerous tools.
- Synthetic Event Implementation is not supported by Preact, which sometimes causes maintenance and performance issues.
- Preact doesn’t have a huge community, so you may not get a lot of users to ask for help.
Ruby on Rails
If you are interested in developing a high-speed application, then Ruby on Rails is your best choice. One of the key features of this framework is that it provides the topmost and fastest back-end framework, which keeps everything a web developer needs to design a website.
- The localized code option is available on Ruby on Rails.
- It offers advanced coding tools with all essential components.
- It has a wide library of resources.
- Ruby on Rails is slow compared to other frameworks.
- It is not easy to find easy and good documentation for this framework.
It offers a crystal clear HTML template reading with a wonderful appearance, which is why it is popular. If a web developer knows CSS and HTML, it would be a piece of cake for him to design it. A tutorial is also provided with this framework to help developers understand it easily.
- It is easy to use if a developer knows CSS code and HTML.
- The in-built tutorial makes it super easy for the developers to understand it.
- It also supports the extensions of CSS and JS.
- Everything is easy and aesthetically appealing from installation to its use, and it lessens the development time.
- Svelte has its own programming language too. It requires special tools and specific knowledge to be used.
- Svelte is still in its evolving stage, so it may not work fine for large projects.
Ember also provides two-way binding and is an open-source framework. It is a fast and compact framework; that’s why Linkedin and Apple use it. A complete set of front-end development tools are provided with Ember.
- Ember can process similar tasks simultaneously, and it helps in faster development.
- Ember provides the entire front-end stack with various elements and responsive layouts.
- Ember provides an experience of already configured items, so the developers have to start the project immediately.
- There are some loopholes in the tree-shaking options of Ember.
- Although Ember is quite good for small projects but can get a bit complex for larger ones.
- It is user-friendly, and the development process is easy.
- It supports extensive libraries.
- It provides easy documentation for the developers to use.
- The framework supports limited functionalities.
Many developers like it due to its size, which is only 4kb. It works best for smaller websites that do not need a lot of components and tools. It is quite developer-friendly. It focuses on development more than configuration, which is a cool aspect for developers.
- Alpine has a smaller size, which makes it easy to be used.
- It is quite developer-friendly.
- It allows you to focus entirely on developing instead of configuration.
- The limitation of Alpine lies in its nested components and the communication between them.
If you have to develop a mobile-based application, then Bootstrap is the best option to choose. It provides the best experience with the CSS framework and offers perfect templates for speed, an unmistakable look, and other amazing features.
- Bootstrap allows websites to load faster.
- This framework creases the consistency of work.
- It automatically resizes the images and other elements.
- It is easily customizable.
- It offers several templates for developers to use.
- It requires an advanced level of coding.
- It is mostly used for complex websites. Accessible sites cannot be easily created using this framework.